History of Ontario Motor Sales
Ontario Motor Sales Limited was established in 1923 at 99 Simcoe Street, South, in Oshawa, the present location of the Canadian Automotive Museum. In 1933 the dealership moved to 86 King Street, East, in Oshawa, a building which had a parking garage and included gas pumps. The franchise included all models, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Pontiac and Buick.
The company enjoyed a steady growth during the next twenty years which created traffic problems at the junction of King and Mary Streets. During 1955 the Oshawa Arena burned to the ground. This land, approximately ten acres, was purchased by Ontario Motor Sales Limited who built and moved to this property our present location, 140 Bond Street, West, Oshawa