Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Ontario Motor Sales Limited is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption:
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities Ontario Motor Sales Limited will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed on the doors to our entrances.
Training of staff:
Ontario Motor Sales Limited will provide training to all employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf: This training will be provided to staff upon hiring. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Ontario Motor Sales Limited’s plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Ontario Motor Sales Limited’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Ontario Motor Sales Limited provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email any of our Managers through our website. Call by telephone and talk to our Managers or write to us by mail. All feedback will be directed to our Vice President & General Manager. Customers can expect to hear back within seven days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies:
Any policy of Ontario Motor Sales Limited that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.