Whats better than a turbo powered 3.6L V6 in a luxury performance Cadillac? Twin turbo!
The new Cadillac Twin Turbo V6 is also a signature feature of the upcoming all-new 2014 CTS luxury performance sedan. In the XTS, the twin turbo will produce a menacing 410 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque making it one of the most power-dense six-cylinder engines among not just full size luxury sedans, but luxury cars in total. The engine delivers 105 lb-ft more torque over the standard V-6 from1900 to 5600 rpm, providing seemingly endless torque for vehicle responsiveness.
In both the CTS and XTS product lines, the twin turbo will be the centerpiece of a new model offering called Vsport. The new Vsport is inspired by and slotted “underneath” Cadillac’s elite high-performance V-Series models. Vsport includes the best-performing technical elements inside the “regular” car line in a single model, headlined by Twin Turbo engine.
The new Cadillac Twin Turbo is a comprehensive upgrade to the 3.6L dual overhead cam V6 that is standard in the XTS in the U.S. market. Almost every component is unique, including:
- All-new cylinder block casting
- Strengthened connecting rods
- Machined, domed aluminum pistons with top steel ring carrier for greater strength
- 10.2:1 compression ratio
- Patented, integrated charge air cooler system with low-volume air ducts
- Two turbochargers producing more than 12 pounds of boost (80 kPa)
- Vacuum-actuated wastegates with electronic control valves
- All-new direct injection fuel system
- Tuned air inlet and outlet resonators, aluminum cam covers and other features that contribute to quietness and smoothness.
The cylinder heads are also unique. They feature a high-tumble intake port design that enhances the motion of the air charge for a more-efficient burn when it is mixed with the direct-injected fuel and ignited in the combustion chamber.
The XTS Vsport model will be offered only in the up-level Premium and Platinum Collections as all-wheel drive with standard equipment including the 3.6L V6 engine that makes 306 hp, CUE, intelligent brake assist and Magnetic Ride Control. Three option packages are available: Luxury, Premium and Platinum Collections
If you would like to test drive the 2013 Cadillac XTS or get on the mailing list to be notified of the 2014 Cadillac XTS when it arrives: